Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Validating IWAUTH
Bowker
Is there a way to validate the IWAUTH cookie and get the username of the person logged in? I would like to launch a perl script from outside of teamsite to return all the jobs associated with a the user. However, I want to make sure they are already logged in.
It is a perl script that lives in <iwhome>/iw-bin/
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
"iwuser -q -session <value of IWAUTH cookie>" seems to work for me.
Hope this helps.
-- James
Migrateduser
I don't know if the iwuser CLT tells you if the session is valid, or if it just tells you if the user (indicated by the session string) is valid. The distinction would be that the session may have expired.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
Migrateduser
I determined empirically that the result of 'iwuser -session' does not change after the user logs out (and IWAUTH is therefore no longer valid.) This test was performed using TS 6.1 on Windows, but I doubt that the result is version dependent.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer