Hi All,Please tell me the way to set workflow's job variable as the owner of a task.-Thanks in advance,ReteshTeamsite 6.7.1 @ UNIX
Not getting your question completely though, would like to remind that properties of task could only be changed when its state is INACTIVE.Please elaborate more on your query.
Hi,My Purpose: I need to change the owner of a user task thru a predecessor external task (i.e. only when this external task becomes active).My Approach:1.) I have defined a workflow variable, one which I can use in any of the task.2.) I have reset the value of this variable by calling a ipl file thru an external task.3.) Now the value which is set in this variable (in step 2) I want to use that as the owner the task succeeding external task of step 2Problem/Issues:1.) As we all know that a task owner need to be set before instantiating a job.2.) So for that purpose I want to set job variable as the owner of the concerned task.3.) Then when my external task gets activated it will automatically change the value of the job variable, which should result in changing the owner of the successor user task. Second Approach:1.) I know this is easily achievable thru WFM Global Configurable variable. I have done that many times2.) Problem: Please tell me How do I set/get value of WFM's Configurable variable in an ipl?? Do suggest a tried and tested method to achieve this, as I have tried a lot but had no luck!!-Thanks,Retesh
In step 2 - where you set this job variable (which may or may not be necessary) you should create / obtain a WFtask object associated with the "concerned task" and then use the appropriate method (either perl's TeamSite::WFtask->SetOwner() or the CSSDK euqivalent) to change the owner of that task.Since you're already in an externaltask script when you determine who it should be - you should continue in that script to actually make it so.
Hi Ghoti,I have succesfully reset the owner of the "concerned task" thru ipl of predecessor external task by making effective use of WFWorkflow and WFTask modules.Thanks for your perfect advice as always. It seems to be a lucky day :-)-Retesh
Hi Retesh, Did you mean, you were able to get the value for your config variable in your external task? If yes, are you on 6.7.1 or 6.7.1 SP1.If 6.7.1, could you please share the clt you used to get the Variable value.
Hi moonkhanna,Yes I am on TS 6.7.1 SP1. I am not using config variable in my current workflow. Actually config variable suited to my purpose well. But I could not find a way to Get/Set value of config variable in my ipl file though I searched it a lot. So I decided a way around approach to suit my purpose. I replaced Config Variable with workflow's regular job variable and task variable and then I used WFWorkflow and WFTask modules to accomplish my purpose.-Retesh
Hi Retesh,That seems to a known issue by now but this was supposedly resolved in 6.7.1 SP1..What version of WFM are you using? Also, I would recommend you to log this as a bug with Support and maybe they already have something better for this issue.
Hi moonkhanna,I am using WFM 1.0.0.1. Hope to get this fixed in the new release or atleast get some documentation on it.-Thanks,Retesh
Retesh, as far as I know, this was resolved in WFM 1.0.0.1. Search for posts on WFM and you will definitely find a solution to the issue..
Well I have searched it wherever I could and reached to a conclusion that many people want to utilize the feature of WFM configurable variables by getting/setting their values thru ipl but none gets the answer how to accomplish it??If you get some help, guide, or example on it then dont forget to ping me.-Thanks,Retesh
Did not got though the complete post but this might be of help http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=23585&forumid=11&highlight=Configurable+Variable