Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
HTML Characters in Presentation templates
frbcraig
I am importing xml files into teamsite, setting the ea's to make them into dcrs, using a presentation template to create an XML file that is then deployed out to another server. The problem I'm encountering occurs when there are characters like "& a m p;" embedded in the dcr fields. These characters are being converted into "&" and then xml file that is deployed does not work because the xml is failing due to "&" and not & a m p;:
For example:
Input: This & a m p; That
Output: This & That
Code being used to output the data:
my $linkslinkname = iwpt_dcr_value('rlinks.linkname');
$out .= "\n";
$out .= "".$linkslinkname."\n";
$out .= "\n";
How can I keep the data from being converted???
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Do something like this
[html]
use HTML::Entities;
$textField = HTML::Entities::encode_entities(iwpt_dcr_value('TextField'));
{iw_value name='$textField'/}
[/html]
frbcraig
That suggestion seemed to work great - thank you so much for the reply!!