For example, we have a winforms application that you can enter various details into and it will then, via worksite 8.2 and the SDK, create a new workspace.One of the custom lookup field values on the workspace is client, if the client is not already in the db, I'd like to add it to the db and then proceed with creating the workspace and use the newly added client value.Thanks in advance,Chris.
Thanks for the reply, exactly what I was looking for, a great help.Just a couple more things, can I download the documentation for this library, actually and all of the others? We have "COM Object for WorkSite Developer’s Reference Guide", but this has no mention of "InsertParentCustomField".Secondly, is there a way that I can make this operation transactional: -{db.InsertParentCustomFielddb.InsertChildCustomField}i.e, if the parent insert succeeds, but the child fails, the parent is rolled back?Thanks,Chris.
Haha, no, I can figure out how the tech library lookup by ID works, that's fine.I mean, do you have a document that contains all of the functions and all of the method signatures in all of the libraries available to us!The rest was just random facetious complaining.