Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Email as Shortcut / Shopping Cart code
Joe_Opland
Greetings,
We have a custom program that checks for new assets, and then sends out email notifications to inform some users of the new assets.
We want to modify the program to send the users an email as shortcut that will bring the users to a shopping cart with the items.
I am not seeing anything in the SDK sample code regarding making use of the email as shortcut / shopping cart.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction, regarding this.
Thank you!
Jim
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Phead2
I assume you're using the supplied MB Web Client... I would try the following:
When you email as a shortcut a file is placed in the web clients 'Saved' directory in another directory with the ip address of your mediabin server (web client\saved\ipaddresofmbserver). The file is just a list of the assets ids (one per line) and the file is called filename.cart (when generated by the web client the filename is domainname-username_yearmonthdaytime.cart but I imagine you can call it whatever you want). Just make your own cart files when finding the new assets and send the link nameofsite/GetSavedList.asp?saved=nameofcartfile&server=ipaddressofmbserver (html encode this of course).
This will bring up all of the assets on the list in 'Emailed Assets' which as I recall is the same as emailing a cart, not sure though as I haven't looked at that web client in a long time...
queryText_Replace.rptdesign
Joe_Opland
OK, thanks for pointing me in the right direction; I really appreciate it.
I will start working from that idea, and let you know if I have any other questions.
Jim
Samuelq
OK, the instructions above were very good. I am generating the shopping cart files, and sending their links in emails.
So I am most of the way there.
The one thing I still need in the emails that I am sending is the
list of asset links in the context of the banner image.
By this, I am referring to how the asset links are listed in the standard "email as shortcut" shopping cart emails.
Can someone please point me in the right direction of how to achieve that?
And for the record, my program is a VB 6 program, which is not web-based.
Thank you,
Jim
Kapil_sape
Hi Joe,
I have seen your post "Email as Shortcut / Shopping Cart code" wherein which you have said that you have a custom program that checks for new assets, and then sends out email notifications to inform some users of the new assets.
My requirement is also same. Can you please help me out as how to get the email notification objective done.
Regards,
Kapil Jain
jrMugz
A high level answer is that there are some clues for how to do that in the web pages related to emailing assets as shortcuts.
Jim