Path & State columns (data provided if reference provided) - thanksCREATE & SELECT sections (not needed in scenario described) - thanksFiltering on path field (code segment accurate) - thanksHow do I indicate an identity column in the dbschema, i.e. a column which is populated automatically on the db-site whenever an insertion is performed, but which is likely to also be a primary key for the able?I guess I wasn't clear - the example code you provided here does not seem to respond to my question, so I'll try again.The table, in the database, has a column (we'll call it "ID") for which there is no corresponding field in the DCT/DCR. Whenever a new record is created and inserted (not updated) into the database - the database automatically populates this column with a unique value (probably sequential).Given that, where I do not have a field in my DCR for this ID field, but it exists in the database: Do I have to reference the field at all in my dbschema section of the configuration file? If so - how is it written? It wouldn't be data-from-field='/article/0/id' - because I don't have any such field in my DCT/DCRDo I (can I) consider / use the column as a "primary key"?Do I have to write Java code to perform some sort of pre-insertion magic to retrieve the ID before the actual insertion of the data?? Something like the information starting on page 153 of the DD Admin manual? "External Data Source"?OR Do I have to create the field in my DCT (hidden, no value?) / DCR so that I can reference it in the dbschema and assume that the DB will "do its thing" by: Ignoring the empty value in the field if the column is part of a table row being updatedIgnoring and populating the column if it is a table row being inserted?Is that clearer?
data-from-field='/article/0/id'