How to execute a python script(which shoots some reminder emails) automatically at the beginning of each month?
You may create a web link (webdocument) which monitors the RunScript command at some interval. The script can check for the beginning of the monthand perform the action you require.
-Curtis
From: eLink Entry:Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum[mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:32 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: How to automatically execute a python script?
How to automatically execute a python script?
Posted by versatech.arumugam@mbusa.com (Arumugam, Saravanan) On 2010/05/04 14:29
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum
Livelink Server:
knowledge-wlweb01
I did that but it doesn't help, do you have any example? else is it possible through the triggers in CBP?
Thanks. I'm not using any user name / password. Here is the screen shot - for now I've selected hourly in that. As there was no attempt I couldn't find any thing related to this in the log.
You’ll need to apply a username and password so that the scriptwill run (it will not execute under the anonymous user).
From: eLink Entry:Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum[mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 7:24 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
Posted by versatech.arumugam@mbusa.com (Arumugam, Saravanan) On 2010/05/06 09:22
(image)(image)
Topic:
Thanks. I did that - added user name / password, but this is what I got in the log..
[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Handling scheduled job of type schedule.cbpDeadlineMonitoring[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Processing deadlines ...[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Finished processing deadlines ...[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Handling scheduled job of type schedule.hourlyURLMonitoring[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Enumerate all webDocuments.[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt of http://digitalvault.mbusa.com/gm/RunScript?script=CustomerScripts/aslSendDueEmails.py&parentFolder=1.11.24503&refresh=true started.[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt found http response: "401".[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt of http://digitalvault.mbusa.com/gm/RunScript?script=CustomerScripts/aslSendDueEmails.py&parentFolder=1.11.24503&refresh=true completed.
“401” means unauthorized. Is the userid/password correct and isbasic authentication allowed for the provided userid?
From: eLink Entry:Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum[mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:14 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
Posted by versatech.arumugam@mbusa.com (Arumugam, Saravanan) On 2010/05/06 11:09
[May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Handling scheduled job of type schedule.cbpDeadlineMonitoring [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Processing deadlines ... [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Finished processing deadlines ... [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Handling scheduled job of type schedule.hourlyURLMonitoring [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (BackgroundJobHandler_165)]: Enumerate all webDocuments. [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt of http://digitalvault.mbusa.com/gm/RunScript?script=CustomerScripts/aslSendDueEmails.py&parentFolder=1.11.24503&refresh=true started. [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt found http response: "401". [May 6, 2010 11:00:00 AM (URLMonitorThread_165)]: Refresh attempt of http://digitalvault.mbusa.com/gm/RunScript?script=CustomerScripts/aslSendDueEmails.py&parentFolder=1.11.24503&refresh=true completed.
Thanks. Its a valid user name / password only, even tried using some other valid ids and still getting same 401 in the log.. or something else I've to check in the scheduler / configuration..?
Please try using the “admin” userid and password and see what happens.
From: eLink Entry:Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum[mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 8:19 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
RE RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
Posted by versatech.arumugam@mbusa.com (Arumugam, Saravanan) On 2010/05/06 22:17
Thanks. I did but it doesn't help - same 401 issue, parallely I'm trying to trigger an action to execute the script in the CBP recursively for some defined period of time does this any example is there for that - for recursive process?
I would suggest opening up a support ticket on the 401 error toget to the bottom of it (there may by JAAS security at play).
As for the script running recursively for some defined period(triggered from CBP), I would advise against it since long-running scripts willhold up other CBP instances from executing. That being said,you may try spawning a thread from your py script which executes some task inthe background at regular intervals.
From: eLink Entry:Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum[mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 12:59 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
RE RE RE RE How to automatically execute a python script? 2
Posted by versatech.arumugam@mbusa.com (Arumugam, Saravanan) On 2010/05/11 14:54