Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Taxonomy deployment from Metatagger to TeamSite
System
Is there any out-of-box or custom way to deploy taxonomy from metatagger server to teamsite server (preferably a way from studio so that the users editing taxonomy can save the taxonomy and then deploy it to metatagger server and teamsite simultaneously). Or do I have to install OD on Metatagger server for this?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
When you say - deploy taxonomy to Teamsite server do you mean export the XML (or delimited) file to the Teamsite server from MT Studio? If this is what you want to do I dont think their is any OOTB solutions.
The way we have designed our system is, export the XML from MT studio manually and then written some custom java code that parses the XML and updates our database.
Migrateduser
Yes I meant deploying the exported XML taxonomy to TeamSite.
Thanks.
Migrateduser
The iwmtbuild CLT has a "-export" option to write the taxonomy back out to an XML file. Best approach would be to wrap this in a workflow external task.
Migrateduser
Can you tell us why you are deploying? Is it to save a copy and version control it? Are you using the xml as part of your site?
My recommendation, depending on what you are tyring to do, is to get familiar with the MetaTagger command tools and JavaAPI. The manual for the API as well as all other MetaTagger documentation is in the $mt-home/docs folder.
Migrateduser
Clark and Morgen,
Thanks for your responses. The reason that I want to get the taxonomy in teamsite is for number of reasons. Version control being one, but here at this customer, the product managers update the taxonomy very frequently with new products and also they re-categorize the products too often. Once they do it in the taxonomy using MT Studio, we need this info in the product DCTs in teamsite. For new products, as soon as the taxonomy is updated, they need to create product content in teamsite. And then teamsite workflow will deploy the taxonomy and the product content (together as one deployment task) to database and BEA portal. BEA then builds the site navigation and product pages based on the taxonomy tree deployed to the DB.
I know that I can export the taxonomy as xml using the iwmtbatch or from studio UI and then import it into TeamSite. But since product managers would be doing this frequently, I wanted to make this a fairly easy process for them. And looks like I have to write a lot of custom code using MT's java api which I have to run from TeamSite workflow.
I wanted to see if there is a simpler way to do it since I thought that many customers might be deploying taxonomy to teamsite and/or database for building site map/navigation and Metatagger might be having something out of box to do this. Is there something on the roadmap to have this in the future.
Thanks.
Migrateduser
Anurag,
Have you considered doing an OD reverse deploy of MT's DB_HOME to a branch in TS? That way you'd get the whole MT config....
Cheers,
Clark
Migrateduser
But that would need OD receiver to be installed on MT server. Additional cost to the customer
But I guess that would be our only option.
Thanks.