Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
URL path to open file directly in MediaBin web interface
System
Hi All,
We are tring to integrate MediaBin with another product and would like to retrieve a url which would open the file/asset directly in MediaBin(through the MediaBin web client interface).
In the MediaBin Web Services document, it is mentioned that there are methods that "Retrieves a URL path to a file retrieved from MediaBin using any of the Retrieve*_URL methods". I would like to clarify whether this link directly opens up the asset, or does it open up the asset with the MediaBin web interface. I mean the same way as it would if we directly login to MediaBin and open the file inside MediaBin. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and advance,
Sul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
T be clear are you talking about a URL that represents MediaBin's view of the asset (i.e., preview and metadata) or are you looking to stream the actual original file via http?
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
sarahs
Sul,
The retrieve_*URL methods available from the Web Services API allow you to get a URL which is to the file itself (w/o MB user interface). WHen call retrieve_*URL, MediaBin does the following:
1) places a copy of the asset using whatever task you requested in a special temporary transfer folder (transferFolderWS)
2) responds to your call with the exact URL where this file has been written so you can download it (the URL will reference the server and path, note that configuring permissions on folders is tricky and must be very consistent.)
I think if I recall correctly, since the file is written to a temporary directory, you may not have adequate time after calling the API to actually read it before it dissappears; I have found more success using the retrieve_*UNC APIs myself.
Sarah
msnider
So the web client and the web service are totally different things. You would not use any of the retrieve file methods to accomplish what it sounds like you what. But, then again, I'm not exactly clear as to what you want...are you wanting to show the MediaBin UI as it is from within another web application (via something like a popup or an IFrame)?
Mark
new_report_5.rptdesign