I am having a problem getting a custom widget to appear in the V8 console. I'll go down the steps I took and any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. It's almost like no widget is being found and no exceptions are being thrown so I'm not even sure where the problem is. Maybe I'm way off on this, but I thought I was following the instructions.
1. I have a working V7 widget (ClassifyToolWidget). It extends the VCMWidget class.
2. I created a V8 class calles ClassifyToolWidgetV8 and put it in the same package as ClassifyToolWidget. It extends VUIAbstractWidget. When the widget is added to the CTD, there are no attributes to set so ClassifyToolWidgetV8 only has a constructor that calls super().
3. I created ClassifyToolWidgetV8Map.java, and extended VUIAbstractMap. It has the one processStandardMapping method, but it's empty since there are no attributed to map.
4. I created classifywidget-widget-maps.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd"
default-lazy-init="false">
<bean name="ClassifyToolWidget" class="vcm.extensions.widget.ClassifyToolWidgetV8Map">
<property name="widgetClass" value="vcm.extensions.widget.ClassifyToolWidgetV8"/>
</bean>
</beans>
5. I used the render template jsps from the sample package. I don't really care what the widget renders as right now, and if it's a text field, that's ok. I just want something other than the "Contact Administrator" message to appear.
6. I created a rendering object named ClassifyToolWidgetV8Renderer.java. It extends AbstractRenderer and implements WidgetRenderer. It's a pretty empty class since there's no attributes to render.
7. I made a classifywidget-widget-renderers.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.5.xsd"
default-lazy-init="false">
<bean id="vcm.extensions.widget.ClassifyToolWidgetV8" class="vcm.extensions.widget.ClassifyToolWidgetV8Renderer" scope="prototype">
<property name="template" value="vcm-widget-text"/>
<property name="templateResolver">
<bean class="com.vignette.ui.vcm.widget.renderer.WidgetTemplateResolver"/>
</property>
</bean>
</beans>
As for the template and everything, I just had the sample ones in place after this. I'm just trying to get something to display or an error message or something. Any ideas?