Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Customisation Problem - userops
Ian_x_harris
Hi,
I'm having a problem with creating restricted UI items by role.
I've added two custom items into ui_custom.xml with appropriate op ids and then put them into userops_custom.xml as follows:
<custom-operations>
<operation id="cu.ccpro.list_directory.heading.manage_ccd.op" display-name="Manage_CCD"/>
<operation id="cu.ccpro.list_directory.heading.manage_pcd.op" display-name="Manage_PCD"/>
</custom-operations>
This seems to work fine but when I go to apply them to a role in the admin GUI the first item's display name doesn't display, you just get an unnamed checkbox. The second item's display_name displays as expected. If I remove the first one and just leave the second one in the file the same happens and I get one unnamed checkbox. I think I've followed the (meagre) documentation to the letter.
Any help gratefully received.
Cheers
Ian
We're running 6.7.1 SP1 on Solaris.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You might need to post the (relevant) code for the ui_custom.xml file too - and/or post the complete output from the running of make_toolkit.ipl
Ian_x_harris
Hi,
The changes I've made to ui_custom.xml are as follows:
<separator id="cu.ccpro.action.menu.separator5"/>
<link id="cu.ccpro.manage_pcd.link" windowFeatures="width=800,height=600,scrollbars=1,menubar=0,titlebar=0,resizable=1,status=1,center=true,dependent=false" label="Project Changes" description="Project Changes" url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/managePCD.cgi" target="_blank" operationID="cu.ccpro.manage_pcd.op"/>
<link id="cu.ccpro.manage_ccd.link" windowFeatures="width=800,height=600,scrollbars=1,menubar=0,titlebar=0,resizable=1,status=1,center=true,dependent=false" label="Combined Changes" description="Combined Changes" url="/iw-bin/iw_cgi_wrapper.cgi/manageCCD.cgi" target="_blank" operationID="cu.ccpro.manage_ccd.op"/>
<separator id="cu.ccpro.action.menu.separator6"/>
Sorry for the delay in reply, I've been out of the office for some time.
The output from maketoolkit picks up that the two files have changed but doesn't report any more than that.
Ian