I was reading through manual. It says "Content Store is a large directory created by the TeamSite installation program thatcontains TeamSite files and metadata. By default, the Content Store is located in c:\iw-store"When I go to c:\iw-store>dir on command prompt, I dont see any content stores. Size of iw-store is only @ 100 mb. While size of Y drive is about 30 GBI think of mount now. When the size of Y drive is huge than iw-store, does it mean that content stores are created in iw-store and mounted on Y drive ?Pls correct me if I am wrong and explain mount.Thanks
C:\> iwgetstore
Hi Kalpana, Since you are new, and to better understand the concept, Y drive signifies the decrypted content store whereas C:\iw-store signifies the encrypted content store..You cannot perform any operations or access directly or indirectly content on C:\iw-store but you always refer to your content through the Y drive.
"Y:" Drive has nothing whatever to do to encryption, decryption and similar concepts.iwstore is a collection of IWOV proprietary (B-Tree?) Files containing TS Repository: Data, Metadata, WFs and other TS Objects.iwserver + IWOV NT FSD implement Virtual File System (VFS) and expose "Y:" Drive as File Interface to the TS Store for TS Users and Developers.
Bo, I understand the concept. This is just for Kalpana's understanding... I am sure we can not refer any content directly in iw-store.. and we need iwfsd to access the content...I would refer to the same as encryption and decryption for someone starting on TS.Heres the deinition of encryption from wikipedia -encryption is the process of transforming information (referred to as plaintext) using an algorithm to make it unreadable to anyone except those possessing special knowledge,
what is iwfsd???