Is there any way [...] that would allow pulling over some piece of metadata associated with the image that is being retrieved
It's been a while - but I do believe that MB Workflows that ECM Connector uses normally import MB metadata as well.Take a look at imported File EAs, there should be one named MediaBin/Metadata. MD Format is an XML record with <attribute> subtags that in turn contain name/value Tags, etc.If it's there - it should be trivial to parse out what you need using callServer or on PT Level during generation.If it is not - I would take another look at that "immediate transfer" MB Workflow you use.Check ECM Connector Guide, Metadata XML Record
Hmm - Well, this does present possibilities for rolling-my-own solution, though I'm not sure if MB/ECM's setting of the image_path field would kick off an onItemChange event to kick off a callServer script to parse the metadata and place the appropriate information within the alt_text field of my DCT/DCR (but I'll try to give it a shot today if I have time).I'd rather take care of this during user-interaction time (hence part of the reason for immediate=true), than at page generation time - especially since some of my DCT/DCR's do not get generated into pages - the content gets shipped to a DB via DD - and I don't want to have to design (and have the customer maintain) two distinct sets of code to do the same thing.I'm not sure what you mean by ... take another look at that "immediate transfer" MB Workflow you use. - unless you mean the process that the ECM Dialog kicks off internally? I'm not looking to do a lot of extra customizations (don't have time left to do so).It just seems to me that it would make sense for the OOTB dialog functionality to be able to automatically retrieve and populate a designated field (which it can do) with a specified metadata value (which it does not appear to be able to do)...Anyway - I'll try to take a look at the EAs and whether I can kick off an onItemChange event for doing a callServer script...Thanks,
I'm not sure what you mean by ... take another look at that "immediate transfer" MB Workflow you use. - unless you mean the process that the ECM Dialog kicks off internally?
That's exactly what I meant - MB transfer processes are implemented as MB Workflows. That stuff is documented/supported, can be modified, etc.
Documented on the MB side I take it (as opposed to the TS / ECM side)?Well - someone else is going to be responsible for doing their full MB configuration - I was just trying to augment the existing DCTs to use the ECM ... and this just seems the kind of thing that should be able to be done from the DCT side via the dialog parameters rather than having to go and customize the MB side... though I guess I could see doing it from that side too (assuming I could change what information was sent back for 'label'.However, as I won't be customizing the MB workflows and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it without customizing the MB workflows ... I'll just leave off the 'label' parameter and let the users manually fill in the alt text field.Thanks anyway.
Yes, all these is covered in MB Product Documentation, not TS/ECM.Just out of curiosity, did you have a chance to check TS Metadata of the transferred Asset(s)? Was MediaBin/Metadata there?
Yes - the MediaBin/Metadata was there (in the GUI it's given a link, which if clicked on opens another window with the full XML details)