Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Batch Image Insert
System
Using 4.5.3 of the MediaBin Web Service SDK with Java, I've been trying to put together a script to batch insert a large number of images into MediaBin.
I'm currently calling the InsertAsset method for each image, which appears to be a rather slow method to insert the images. Even switching to using the InsertAsset_IndexExternal method didn't over much in the way of additional speed (it still takes about 3 seconds per image.)
Is there a faster way to do this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
There is no single "bulk" call, but the interfaces do differ in how the files get transferred to the MediaBin server and that may show a difference. Are you talking about the final time to complete inserting or the time to queue the job? Looking at logs support may be able to suggest optimizations (basically which part of the process could potentially need speeding up).
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
RearrangeColumnsInTableInBeforeFactory.rptdesign
Migrateduser
After some code profiling and optimization I've managed to squeeze down the insert times considerably.
And we're going to be setting up some time trials using hot holders to compare speeds against my SDK inserts, and I will probably try adding a multi-thread insert test using the SDK.
Even so, I was more curious about any 'best practices' regarding adding a large number of images into MediaBin at one time.
sarahs
Hi Mr. Dev,
I wrote a script to do large bulk inserts with the index exteral web service api and it actually ran quite well. I didn't bother to multithread my scripts, but I was able to run up to six of them concurrently w/o issue with the media bin server. In all I was able to migrate 130k files into MediaBin in two weeks time with file sizes ranging from >1k to <100Mb.
Sarah
Migrateduser
My current batch tests push about 10K images, with a total weight of around 10GB. I've added multi-threading and some additional code profiling tweaks, and it now takes about 3.5 hours to insert the entire test set. This is without any insert tasks.
Seema
Hi ,
Could anyone of you please share further information on this.
We are using InsertAsset method using buffer instead of path parameter.We obsereved that it is not able to insert files greater than 27 MB.
Is there any limitation on size using this method.
Regards,
Seema.
Highlight.rptdesign