Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Forcing webdesk JSP recompilation
tvaughan
Hi,
I wanted to add some contact information to the TeamSite login page. Right under where TeamSite says "Server: blah" and "Version: blah" I wanted to add "Primary Contact: blah"
I remember this was pretty easy back in version 4.5, so I feel like a reject asking for help now. I'm on 5.0.1, and I tried to make my changes to the
iw-home
/webdesk/webapps/teamsite/login.jsp, but the changes didn't take effect, even after I bounced the TS process.
So, I blew away the class file (WEB-INF/classes/teamsite/login.class) and THAT didn't work at all.
What is my damage? Login.jsp is the
correct
source file, right? Do I have to run some
iw-home
/private/bin/iw_whatever command?
Thanks in advance,
Tom
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Run "iwreset -ui" from the command line. THis will, amongst other things, stop and re-start the servlet engine, which will flush out the servlet cache.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden
Gregg Faus
In addition to what bob said, you must also recompile to jsp pages. Restarting the services won't help.
Do this:
iwperl \iw-home\install\install_webapps.ipl -c
This will force the webdesk, etc... to be recompiled. Afterwords, perform a iwreset -ui.
Gregg Faus
Company39
tvaughan
Ah ha. That's what I was looking for. The install_webapps.ipl command is necessary because, like you said, just bouncing the IW server doesn't do anything to recompile JSP pages.
Tom
BLOCK_MAIL.txt