Oh, and for those who aren't sure to delete the workflow store means to delete the iw-store/workflow directory.TS will recreate it upon startup.
Would you mind posting where 'Andy' has detailed the root cause of the problem as exhaustive searches on the error messages didn't reveal any answers on devnet....
Are you saying that workflow store corruption is caused by having too many external tasks that are hanging pending completion?
The support site article details a solution but no reasons as to why the problem occurs.
Thanks.
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to look at adding timeouts the tasks.However what I am really looking for is something to link our error messages directly to the support site solution I posted earlier.At the time of the time when our workflow external tasks stopped working we had around 100 jobs in the workflow store in various states.We regularly purge jobs that have been inactive for long periods of time using a scheduled script, so we never have thousands of jobs running.I do find it a little frustrating that IWOV post a solution but give no indication as to why this condition occurs.Thanks.
Would you mind posting where 'Andy' has detailed the root cause of the problem
Thanks for taking the time to provide me with all of this information.It is very much appreciated.As you'll undersrtand in order to spend some time reviewing our external task codes I'll need to put something in front of my boss in order to justify the time invested.As with a lot of implementations I guess the workflows have evolved over time with many staff/contractors contributing to the codebase so it is hard for me to vouch for their quality.
Guess you'd suggest doing something with the TaskTimedOut event to monitor this?