Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Multiple Contributors
RyanS
Looking to have multiple contributors in a workflow, but I've noticed that if a file gets editted in the workflow, it stays locked. Would I have to write an External CGI script to loop through all the files in the file list to unlock the files before it goes to the next contributor?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
akshathp
I did a similar workaround. There was an external task that called an IPL file which unlocks the files in a silent mode during transition. I used iwattrib to detec the lock and iwunlock for unlocking in my IPL.
Hope this helps.
Akshat Pramod Sharma
Interwoven Inc.
Migrateduser
If the subsequent contributors need to lock the file then yes, prior to their usertask or whatever the files will need to be unlocked. You don't need a cgitask for this; a simple externaltask call to iw-home/local/bin/iwunlock.ipl will do the trick. See author_assignment_with_nested_job.wft in wft/examples for an example of an unlock task.
bw
Bob Walden [bob.walden@interwoven.com]
Interwoven Education Group
IM: Yahoo, MSN bob_walden