Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Reverse Deploy Socket Error
robertito
I am attempting to use reverse deploy. Open Deploy seemingly initiates the transfer of the file that I desire to be moved however it throws an error and deletes the temp file.
Can somebody tell me what the "Failed applying access" and "Could not get file data from socket" error means? What can be done to fix it? I'm using OpenDeploy 4.5.1
Thank you.
(3) client: directive[get ./rob_delete.txt]
client: Receiving item(./rob_delete.txt)
(3) client: dir for tempfile [/usr/iw-home/opendeploy/filelist/]
(3) client: -- Processing file(/usr/iw-home/opendeploy/filelist/rob_delete.txt)
(3) client: file created[/usr/iw-home/opendeploy/filelist/rob_delete.txt-iwtmp]
ERROR: Failed applying access to (/usr/iw-home/opendeploy/rob_delete.txt-iwtmp)
ERROR: Could not get file data(./rob_delete.txt) from socket.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Gerard
I've seen similar messages when no space was left on a disk....
Adam Stoller
Not an answer (sorry - it's been a long time since I've worked with OpenDeploy 4.x).
Have you given consideration towards upgrading OpenDeploy?
OpenDeploy 5.5.1 SP2 (latest version) is a vastly improved version of the product - and *especially* if you are trying to do "reverse" deployments, you will find OpenDeploy 5.x *tremendously* easier to configure (no more trying to figure out which of 4 configuration files is on which machine).
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
robertito
Yes, we have plans to upgrade OpenDeploy within the next few months. I am excited for the improved functionality, but in the meantime, I have to work with the tools I have available.
I was aware of the disk space problem; However the file I am attempting to move is only 122 bytes and I have several hundred Mb available on this mount. What other conditions might throw this error? Could it involve permissions or firewall rules?
Adam Stoller
I'm looking through some of the KB articles on the support site and I see:
2028
which includes the text of what you are seeing as one of the items fixed in a patch #1107.
Unfortunately, I do not see this patch listed as being available on the download site anymore - you might contact Interwoven Support and see if they can get it for you while you wait for a more oportune time to do an upgrade.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)