Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
No documents found when using IWOVServices.SearchDocuments web service
wwest
I am attempting to use the IWOVServices.SearchDocuments web service to retrieve a list of matching documents for a simple piece of text that does exist in the description of many documents in the library I am searching. The cacc runs successfully, but the document count is always zero - I have included the main portion of code that calls the service below. The same search from the wwworksiteweb front-end works correctly - it returns many documents. Am I missing something?
Thanks,
-Wilson West
Sidley Austin LLP
'VB.net
'--------start of snippet
Dim searchvalue As String
searchvalue = "Activation"
Dim iwovdbs(0) As String
iwovdbs(0) = "CH1"
testSearchInput.Databases = iwovdbs
'specify output profile
testSearchInput.OutputProfile = foo
'define search params
Dim searchParams As New IWOVServices.ProfileSearchParameter
searchParams.AttributeID = 3 'IWOVServices.imProfileAttributeID.
searchParams.SearchValue = searchvalue
Dim searchParamsArray(0) As IWOVServices.ProfileSearchParameter
searchParamsArray(0) = searchParams
testSearchInput.ProfileSearchParameters = searchParamsArray
'search email and/or documents?
Dim searchEmail As New IWOVServices.imSearchEmail
searchEmail = IWOVServices.imSearchEmail.imSearchDocumentsOnly
testSearchInput.SearchEmail = searchEmail
'outputmask
testSearchInput.OutputMask = OutputMask
testSearchOutput = conn.IWOVServices.SearchDocuments(testSearchInput)
'------end of snippet
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
SteveClements
do you get anything if you comment out...
'search email and/or documents?
Dim searchEmail As New IWOVServices.imSearchEmail
searchEmail = IWOVServices.imSearchEmail.imSearchDocumentsOnly
testSearchInput.SearchEmail = searchEmail
??
wwest
Thanks for the reply - I remarked out the three lines you mentioned, and it made no difference.
Thanks,
-Wilson
wwest
For anyone of interest - I figured out the issue. It appears that searching assumes an exact match, so in my example, where I wanted to find all documents with the word "Activation" in the name, I would need to supply "*Activation*" as the search string.
TopNPercent.rptdesign