Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Searching for folders integrated into Worksite 8.2
Shelley_White
Hi there,
I've just started working at a company which uses Worksite 8.2. I've been asked to try and find a way to search for folders which were made before Worksite was installed but have been integrated into the folders list (they appear as yellow folders when nomal workspaces are pinky).
I have tried searching Workspaces, using advanced search through outlook, and even using the windows search, all of which turn up zip when looking for a folder and file name I know exists.
Now i'm only legal admin and have incredibly basic understanding of the program so please forgive me for not being a developer or not knowing any code! This just seemed like the best place to be asking the question!
Does anyone know if its possible to search through the old folders? Or if there is a program I can get which will enable us to do that? I really appreciate any help you can give me, as everyone is getting rather tired of searching through thousands of folders by sight!
Thanks again,
Shelley
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Shelley, I don't really understand if your problem is that you want to search a folder or if you want to search documents in the content of a huge folder.
Anyway, I will give you some tricks for the two possibilities:
Searching for a folder --> There is a trick for that, you can go in Filesite into My Favourites, select and right click your mouse and choose "Add Shortcuts", once you have done this, you will have a form for selecting the item, on the top of the dialog you have a small button in which you can select if you want to search for Workspaces, documents or....folders! (see attached)
Maybe this is usefull for your porpouse.
In case you would like to search for documents only inside a folder, you only have tu select the folder and right click --> "Search for documents". Your search will be limited to this folder only, you can check it in the top part of the dialog.
Hope this helps, I'm not sure if this is exactly what you need
Javi