Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
InsertAsset_URL
sarahs
I'm trying to use the InsertAsset_URL method to provide a bulk insert utility for unix users w/o creating a samba share to allow hot folder functionality. When I call the web service from my program, I get a 401 unauthorized error and I don't really understand why -- my other webservices work (for the most part, some users complain they can't download assets with the web client, but it's fine from binary client -- I have a live meeting with support about this tomorrow).
Do I need to include HTTP basic authentication with the post request in addition to opening a connection to MediaBin? Help please!!
Sarah
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sarahs
I was able to get this functionality working, but I'm experiencing troubles with larger size files (>8 Mb) -- here's what happens:
1) my program posts the file via HTTP to the upload URL returned by getUploadURL
2) after about 2 Mb are written to \\HOST\TransferFolderWS the partial file is grabbed by some process and dissappears!
3) An error message shows up in the MediaBin client stating that the file had a bad format; but in reality, it hadn't finished writing to disk!
The web services documentation lead one to believe that the process is meant to work as follows:
1) call getUpload_URL to get the post location
2) POST the file to the URL returned in #1, receiving a URL back which is the complete path to the file
3) call insertAsset_URL giving it the value returned by the call made in #2
but it seems that there is some 'watcher' reviewing the files in TransferFolderWS and trying to ingest anything it finds... is this right?
msnider
There is an automatic clean up of the transfer folder that may be causing the problem. You can either disable it or set the timeout to a much larger value by setting the TempFileTimeout value in the web service's web.config. The value is specified in milliseconds and setting it to -1 will disable it. To debug, I would set it to -1 first to see if that fixes it and then reset it to a larger value so that the transfer folder doesn't grow unchecked.
Mark
paultongyoo
Hello!
Where is this TempFileTimeout parameter set? I can't find any clues from the forum or MB API documentation. We are using MB 4.6.1 SP1.
TIA!
Paul
msnider
Hi Paul,
The timeout value is set in the web service's web.config file. Note, that you will need to restart IIS to reload any changes to the web.config.
Mark