Hi,
I'm just interested in making a number of small customisations to the user interface, a number of these related to displaying search results.
- I'd like to include the ability to display the 'edit' icon in search results for a document where the user has relevant permissions (similar to what is displays in the cabinet view). Is it viable to simply copy the code that displays the icon in the cabinet view into the 'showObjectAsHitForCSV.shtml' file?
- I'd also like to change the default column of 'Last Modified By' to 'Owner'. Is this again viable to just change the global variable returned in the search results (eg changing globals.MODIFIED_BY to globals.OWNER)?
- The last change I wanted to make was to hide the 'delete' and 'remove' buttons for users with the 'editor' permission. Simply so they can 'edit' but not actually get rid of a document (leaving this for owners, etc). As you cannot directly change the settings for editor, contributor, etc. Is there a way to check within the 'commandBar' shtml page whether a user is a editor or not and simply set the delete button value to null? Eg, if(user=editor)?
I've looked into ways to achieve these, I was just curious as to whether there is a simpler way I'm just missing.
Thanks in advance!