Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Upgrading 4.5 templates to 5.5.2
rgriff
When upgrading templates and moving from a textarea with an rtf="t" attribute to an external-editor="VisualFormat" attribute, will there be any data loss in the existing DCRs created by this template? More specifically, is there a way to preserve data when migrating multiple items (i.e., text items and textarea with rtf attributes) into one textarea item with an external-editor="VisualFormat" attribute? Is this a manual process? Are there any Whitepapers, Tech Articles, etc. on upgrading templates?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I remember asking this question once and I believe the answer was there was no data loss when converting a textarea with rtf="t" to a textarea with external-editor="VisualFormat" - so I'm pretty sure you should be okay there.
text fields (as opposed to textareas) never supported the rtf="t" attribute - and do not support the external-editor attribute either - so there is no conversion there.
If you want to change your DCTs from having separate text fields and textareas to having a single textarea - that's a fundamental change to the DCT which would probably cause you problems. My guess is at the least, you will lose visibility of the data that was in the text field - you would probably lose the data itself when the DCR was next saved.
Please Note: I'm basing the above on a general knowledge and not a specific case experience - I could be wrong...
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)