Hi,
I was just wondering how I can access data from the miscellaneous tab in v8. I am attempting to implement IDefaultable for a Text Area CCE widget and can't seem to find the correct way to access the miscellaneous data.
Thanks,
Eric
Mario,
Thanks a lot for the information. I will try all of that. One question I had was whether or not anything was available out of the box? For example, in v7, I don't currently have a custom widget in order to use IDefaultable and the Miscellaneous tab. But, in v8, I will need to extend the CCE widget to add this functionality, right? I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something already available before I started creating something custom.
Hi Mario,
I've been trying to continue working with just the OOTB Date Selector CCE widget and here's what I found. A Map is passed to the getDefaultValue method. When I dump out the keys of the map, all I see is 1 key named CONTEXT_WIDGET and the value for it is 'widget'. Is there any way to access anything else in the request from that class?
I've only tested it with the Date Selector CCE widget, not with any other CCE widgets so far. Attached is a class that dumps the context to System.out. I think a JIRA has also been created. We are using VCM 8.0 SP2.
The problem report # is VCM-37541.
So, you think this will require a fix, right?