applying metadata

Options
hi,
If i copy the files from file system( Y: ) interface from one box to another of teamsite the metadata wouldnt be copied right?? how can we move the metadata also. or do we need to write scripts to achieve the same. How do we go about writing such scripts??

Environment: 6.7.1 sp1 windows 2003

Comments

• how can we move the metadata also?
    Take a look at iwmigrate CLT. Alternatively (if it's a WF, File List and the like) you can use OD, see section "Deploying TeamSite
    Extended Attributes with TeamSite Files" in the Manual. Finally, you may look at the (fairly old) *Recreate Branch* zip here to get some ideas
    of how you can manipulate EAs yourself
  • if you are planning to move only a branch content (and not the complete store) then

you may manually copy the dcrs to the target location and then a apply the corresponding attributes.

Getattributes.ipl and setattributes.ipl will serve this purpose.

• if you are planning to move only a branch content (and not the complete store) then

you may manually copy the dcrs to the target location and then a apply the corresponding attributes.

Getattributes.ipl and setattributes.ipl will serve this purpose.

where could i find the above two files? i searched under httpd/iw-bin and also local/bin
  • Getattributes.ipl and setattributes.ipl will serve this purpose.

Are these getattributes.ipl & setattributes.ipl custom scripts. I dont see them either on our servers.

---
    Phanie
    Solaris 9, Ts 6.7.1 sp1 & od 6.1.0
    Win 2k3, TS 6.5.0 sp2 & od 6.0
  • Those are fairly old (circa 2001) scripts that will transfer EAs from one branch to another. They were on the support site a number of years ago, but I do not know if they still are.
  • Those are fairly old (circa 2001) scripts that will transfer EAs from one branch to another. They were on the support site a number of years ago, but I do not know if they still are.
    Now I get it, looks like they are still present on the support site. Thanks Andy once again.

--
    Phanie
  • Now I get it, looks like they are still present on the support site. Thanks Andy once again.

--
    Phanie

Use at your own risk, they are kind of buggy. I remember they did not handle spaces well (I think it had problems with spaces in EAs), but it is a good assumption that spaces in the filepath will also break it. This is an easy fix.
  • Use at your own risk, they are kind of buggy. I remember they did not handle spaces well (I think it had problems with spaces in EAs), but it is a good assumption that spaces in the filepath will also break it. This is an easy fix.
    Sure Andy, for now I am not using these scripts.
    Was just curious where these files are on the server from the previous replies in the post. Last week I ended up asking about Image Size module location and you helped me with that, thought I must be looking at a wrong location this time too.

Thanks,
    Phanie
  • Recently after downlading the scripts (getattributes.ipl & setattributes.ipl ) from the support site, I used it to migrate metadata's and it worked great. So yes you should be able to migrate the metatdata's
  • OD 6.2 supports the deployment of EAs along with the content. Do a search on applyExtAttrs in the OD cfg guide.
  • can you anyone pelase share the getattribute.ipl and setattribute.ipl file.I could not find these on support site.

We are moving the branch content from one Teamsite box to Another Teamsite box.so for EAs transfer we are looking for these two files.

• You can use OpenDeploy to do that or use iwmigrate which will take the history as well. Otherwise, try to write the script (perl or Java)

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs