how can we move the metadata also?
if you are planning to move only a branch content (and not the complete store) then
you may manually copy the dcrs to the target location and then a apply the corresponding attributes.
Getattributes.ipl and setattributes.ipl will serve this purpose.
if you are planning to move only a branch content (and not the complete store) then you may manually copy the dcrs to the target location and then a apply the corresponding attributes. Getattributes.ipl and setattributes.ipl will serve this purpose.
Those are fairly old (circa 2001) scripts that will transfer EAs from one branch to another. They were on the support site a number of years ago, but I do not know if they still are.
Now I get it, looks like they are still present on the support site. Thanks Andy once again.--Phanie
Use at your own risk, they are kind of buggy. I remember they did not handle spaces well (I think it had problems with spaces in EAs), but it is a good assumption that spaces in the filepath will also break it. This is an easy fix.
can you anyone pelase share the getattribute.ipl and setattribute.ipl file.I could not find these on support site.
We are moving the branch content from one Teamsite box to Another Teamsite box.so for EAs transfer we are looking for these two files.
You can use OpenDeploy to do that or use iwmigrate which will take the history as well. Otherwise, try to write the script (perl or Java)