Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Filesite to display webpage
Huw
Hello,
We have written an addin for outlook, that traps the click event of a filesite root workspace folder and then attempts to show a webpage instead of the default blank normal outlook page (which is always blank for a workspace as no documents can be stored here). To do this we are trying to set the webviewurl property of the folder but it will not keep its value and show the web page. If you look at the folder properties through outlooks native property page the home page tab shows all the options as greyed out. Has anyone found a way of setting this value for the filesite folders?
[size=2]Heres a snippit of addin code to hook into outlook
Private WithEvents objExpl As Outlook.Explorer
...
...
Private Sub objExpl_FolderSwitch()
' TODO - Need to be more elegant to work out if this folder is a filesite folder
If InStr(1, LCase(objExpl.CurrentFolder.FolderPath), "
\\mailsite\
") > 0 Or InStr(1, LCase(objExpl.CurrentFolder.FolderPath), "
\\filesite\
") > 0 Then
[indent]objExpl.CurrentFolder.WebViewURL = "
http://somewebpage
"
objExpl.CurrentFolder.WebViewOn = True
[/indent]
End If
End Sub
Thanks,
Huw
[/size]
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BartK
Hi Huw,
I was wondering if you found a solution for this problem?
If so i'm more then happy to see how.
Kind regards,
mattie
Migrateduser
Hello guys, I cannot help you with the code for solving this, but I remember that there is a product developed by Tikit for this purpose, you can configure your custom home page when you link on the root of the workspace.
I'm not sure about the name...apologize
Regards
Javi
sdalgleish
I realise I'm a little late to the party on this thread given that it started two years ago. Did you guys make any progress with this? I'm keen to explore options around displaying web pages when clicking on workspaces in Filesite.
Migrateduser
Hello, there is a Tikit Product called FileNote that shows you custom information when you click on a workspace.
You can directly access to information regarding the workspace and add custom pages.
If you need more information, don't hesitate on sending me a private message.
cheers
Javi