Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
new to livesite - basic questions
niniti
I installed livesite.
I am not getting the livesite store under default and all the options there under.
I am getting Livesite tab besides Administration tab.
When I click on File tab, I get New site, New Page, New Template options. But I am not getting the options of LiveSite>Get LAtest Components and all other LiveSite> --- options.
If I click on File>New Site , New Site window does not appear.
Can someone tell me , how to get this working ?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AlexC
Make sure your browser is allowing popups from that server. New site pops up a window to allow you to create it. Click on New Site and see the thin bar right under the tabs and allow popups, then click New Site again.
Get latest should be ungrayed once you have something to update, create a new site and new page. Although with a brand new install you don't need to update anything yet, one you add components to pages then update components (if you do), then it will be undateable with new components.
kalpana
Thanks for reply Alex.
When I click on New Site, no window is popping up.
Which thin bar are you talking about, the only thing shows up is underline below New Site, when I bring mouse on New Site.
How to get LiveSite store in the default branch ?
Pls reply quickly.
Thanks.
niniti
When a developer creates componenet, how can a content contributor use it ? where are the newly created components stored for the content contributor to use ?
thanks
AlexC
niniti,
Which browser are you using? By default IE and Mozilla block popups, you have to enable them just for sitepub, when you try to create a new site there will be a think line right under the browser tabs/menu that indicates that the current popup was blocked. If you disabled that notification then in mozilla it comes up as an exclamation point in bottom right and on IE I am not sure. This is assuming that the popup blocker is the issue.
Can you please check the logs to see if there are any exceptions in there, it could be something else.
AlexC
kalpana,
After you save a component you have to 'Submit' it. Then when you edit the page it will come up in the 'Add Component' window.
The components are usually created in the /iwadmin/livesite/component/ ... / Installed Components (something like that) or in a shared component folders.
niniti
thanks Alex,
I dont think taht its a popup issue. Because when I click new site, it doesnt give any message like popup blocked. And in the popup tab, it states that popup allowed.
What can problem be ? I have not checked log files as yet.
Thanks
niniti
While installing LiveSite, I just clicked on install.bat and installed LiveSite.
Do I have to install anything on top of this to get "New Site" tab popup a window to create new site ? Or do I have to install other options apart fro default options to get LiveSite working ?
Thanks
tec_iwov
i suggest you contact support