Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
icons missing when calling worksite browse dialog box
wasabi
Hi everyone,
I am creating an add-on for Outlook 2003 using VSTO SE in VS 2005. I need to display worksite browse folders dialog but I just can't get the icons to be displayed.
I attached two images for the browse dialog to explain my problems. Thank's
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BartK
Have you found a solution already?? I'm having the same problem
wasabi
Hi mattie,
I submitted this to the support and they replied back with the solution below. I haven't tested them out yet cause I am working on other project.
===============================================================
I came across with a similar case in the past that has to deal with another dialog - the IManFileSaveCmd - off of the IManExt2.dll. In that case, the user also has a VS 2005 C# app. Theirs is Windows. And this was my findings for the case:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 8.2, the Application.EnableVisualStyles line of code which runs before Application.Run does not pose a problem in displaying the icons in the EAI SaveAs dialog. It does in 8.2SP1; that is, the icons are missing from the dialog.
In 8.2 SP1, when I call Application.EnableVisualStyles after Application.Run, the icons do appear. Will it be ineffective to call Application.EnableVisualStyles after Application.Run?
It is probably worth mentioning that both test machines have Windows XP Pro.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, you may tweak with those two lines of code in your Windows app (if indeed it is also a Windows app) to see whether or not that will work around your problem. Those lines of code mentioned above are inside the program's static Main method. By default (in 2005) it looks like so:
My program's static Main method (that does not work) looks like this:
[STAThread]
static void Main()
{
Application.EnableVisualStyles();
Application.SetCompatibleTextRenderingDefault(false);
Application.Run(new Form1());
}
Regards,
Janice
msheridan69
Thanks - that sorted it out for me!