tags.Thanks! ;-)Suzanne
Is there a way to change Visual format settings?Specifcally, I would like to prevent visual format from surrounding everything with [html] [/html] tags.Thanks! ;-)Suzanne
[/html] tags.Thanks! ;-)Suzanne
Fixing post,Have you searched the forums ? I know this comes up often.It *may* be the continueparagraph setting in the visualformatconfig. Check the Visual Format Developers Guide to be certain
Hey!! Dangit, forgot to add the html, sorry! ;-)Yep, that is it. Sadly, if I remember correctly, those settings effect everyone using Teamsite, so we may not be able to correct it. ;-(This is a MAJOR bone of contention for folks, because it is adding extra spacing, and they are going into the html view to remove the paragraph tags.The only thing I know to do then, is to have a style for very little bottom margin for the paragraph tag....Unless you have an idea!?Suzanne
You can define and specify different visualformat configuration files for different textareas in a given DCT or for all the textareas in a specific DCT - and through the specific visualformat configuration file you could define whether or not those paragraphs are automatically inserted. That helps on the content entry side. If you're generating output pages, you can also utilize code within your PTs to process the textarea content to remove undesired extraneous paragraph tags.
Hi Fish, and thanks! ;-)I have contacted our Teamsite Administrator and we will follow up on trying your suggestion with regard to the DCT first.I was wondering if you could give me a hint on how we could use code within the TPL files to address removing the paragraph tags?Thanks!Suzanne
<iw_perl>sub remove_ptags { my $xpath = shift; my $val = iwpt_dcr_value("$xpath"); $val =~ s{</?p(|\s+[^>]*>)}{ }sgm; return $val;}</iw_perl><iw_value name="remove_ptags('dcr.path.to.my.textarea');"/>