Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
error using open(DCR, filename)
Renata
did anyone encounter problems using the Open(DCR, filename) function?
I doublechecked and the file is in the correct location, we consistently get an error - No such file.
does anyone have any suggestions as to what's causinf this?
thnx.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Can you provide a bit more context about the problem?
Is this a custom script?
Can you attach the script (not in-line, attach) and reference a line number where the problem occurs?
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
Renata
we have actually modified our approach a bit, but I think we'll still need to use Open(DCR, file) unless ...
right now I have a wf configured to start when a DCR is saved/closed (using the tt_data). I can't figure out yet if the dcr file is attached to this workflow? I need to read this DCR xml into a parser variable in order to extract its title and some other fields that we want to populate the EAs with.
I've attached the script ... thanks
Adam Stoller
There are a number of problems with your script as attached - one of which is that you are assuming ARGV[3] is a DCR (it most likely will be in a tt_data triggered workflow, but it is a bad assumption to make) and then you appear to be handing a filename to TeamSite:
CRnode::new() where this method is actually expecting an entire xml document's contents *as a string* to be passed to it.
There may well be other problems but I don't have the time or inclination to do code development through the forum at this time - sorry. I suggest going back to the books, and/or bringing in someone who knows more about this kind of Perl coding to assist you.
--fish
(Interwoven, Curriculum Development)
Renata
thanks for your feedback