Yes we can run the DNR script as non-root user. Please refer page 157 of OD Reference guide**********************************************************as (UNIX only) - specifies a different user name or user ID under which you can runthe script. In the following example:‰ as="rroe" or‰ as="110"you can run the script as rroe rather than as your regular user name. By default, the script runs as the user who invokes the deployment when the base server or receiver is running as root. If the base server or receiver is running as a non-root user, then the script is run as the same user as the base server or receiver process.**********************************************************
Hi Narendra,Thank you for the response. I had check with manual before creating this thread.My query was how does OD triggers DNR? Internally does it perform "sudo" on the server with the provided userid (provided in deployment script) to execute DNR?The info I am looking isn't provided in admin manual. I am explicitly looking for answer from "sudo" mode perspective.
That's an internal implementation issue - probably best answered by sending a query to IWOV Support.I would suggest however, if you go that route (and for DevNet too) - that you provide the rationale for needing to know this information. I.e. Why does it matter to you *how* the impersonation is performed?
I am trying to executed DNR script on target server with "weblogic" mode.Since we don't have access to weblogic account in target server, we dont' know whether command is getting executed properly, or command requires to be operated in sudo mode?To answer this concern we would like to know whether OD executed DNR on sudo mode or not. This will at least eliminate certain basic doubt on executiing DNR.Hope you can understnad where I am coming from.
You say you don't know - does that mean you haven't tried? Or that you've tried and something didn't work?It should be relatively easy to write a simple perl script that dumps out, to a world-readable file, the real and effective UID values, place it on the target server, and run it as a DNR and get your validation one way or another.
Hi Ghoti,I tried it. the script is getting executed. However I couldn't nail down whether it chnages to "sudo" mode for executing the script
Again - I don't believe it is a question of "how" - but "if" (or "whether") it is running the script "as" the user you want it to.Therefore - look back at my suggestion - create a script to log the information which will tell you who the script is running as - and that should validate whether the problem is in "who" is running the process or the process itself.