I am in the process of testing 'synchronized database deployments' which I plan to propose as a potential solution to my client. I have been challenged by Opendeploy and I am hoping to get some directions/suggestions from devnet.
OpenDeploy (synchronized deployments) is not able to connect to the DataBase (Oracle 10g RAC) and the following error is seen in the RCVR log file. (For the purpose of this test, I am using OD base server as both Source and Target). I am using dbLoader and EAData element.
[html]
DBD: url : jdbc

racle

ci8:
@TEAMD01RDBD: login : teamsite
DBD: login timeout=3
DBD: Connecting to the database...
DBD: Try connecting using jdbc

racle

ci8:
@TEAMD01R...
DBD: Link failure
DBD: Attempt to connect using jdbc

racle

ci8:
@TEAMD01R failed.
DBD: You must fix the problem before proceeding, because Oracle specific data types are being used.
DBD: ERROR:Unable to connect to TEAMD01R
DBD: ERROR:TDbAgent constructor failed.
[/html]
However, when a standalone database deployment (EA attributes) using the same database.xml file works great. I did have to download the latest ojdbc.jar and copy it to
/drivers folder.
[html]
DBD: Assuming TNS name has been specified for "db" attribute.
DBD: url : jdbc
racle
ci8:@TEAMD01R
DBD: login : teamsite
DBD: login timeout=3
DBD: Connecting to the database...
DBD: Try connecting using jdbc
racle
ci8:@TEAMD01R...
DBD:
Connected to jdbc
racle
ci8:@TEAMD01R
DBD: Driver Oracle JDBC driver
DBD: Version 10.2.0.1.0
[/html]
I did research the IWOV support site, devnet and all OD guides but no luck. I don't see this issue reported as a bug either.
Am I missing something? Any pointers will be highly appreciated.
TeamSite: 6.7.2
OD: 6.2.1
Solaris 2.10
Oracle 10g (RAC)