the out of the box versions compare displays in xml format, how to implement to hide the xml code
inside the v8 content edit view, opening up the Properties, clicking on the Versions tag, selecting a version and click on the View, it displays raw xml materials. When selecting 2 versions to compare, it also displays raw xml, any hints to where to plug in xslt or a template to display nice formated data of versions?
develop xslt to render that xml and configure it in content type modeler for each different type you will want to render this way. Each content type (using the AppConsole view) has a tab which allows you to specifiy the path to a deployed xslt.
Thanks Evan for the reply.
In each Content Type editor page, don't see the place to set the xslt, but when click on the properties tag, there is a popup message saying "The attribute definitions for the Content Type ContentType do not have the widgets: Default XSLT Viewer
Do that mean we have to add an attribute to the system ContentType and add a Default XSLT viewer to it?
no, you can add the path of the xslt to the properties tab in the content type modeler. here's a snapshot:
http://evan.clarify-it.com/d/hxvzjz
Thanks Evan,
That's the properties tab I went to and got the popup message saying I don't have the attribute set to the ContentType (see attached ContentTypePropertiesTab1.JPG), when I clicked OK, I got a blank page (see attached ContentTypePropertiesTab2.JPG). However, when opens up the ContentType ObjectTypeDefinition, it shows there is a Default XSLT Viewer attribute (see attached ContentTypeAttributes.JPG).
Evans, what widget do you have in your ContentType ObjectType attribute
This is a default attribute since 7.x days but it does seem to have been mapped differently in 8.1.x. Is it possible that this was edited on your instance?
It's still a somewhat useful feature (especially with versions). There is also a VPS extension called "Delta Preview" that adds markup when there are diffs found in the two XML's. I believe this is still available in the vgn-ext package from Global Services but I need to check...
I'll change to Text Editor to see if I can get the xslt working for the preview of content types. how to configure to use the Delta Preview?
Evan, provide a default view doesn't view for me. The OpenText Web Experience Management 8.1 Extensibility SDK Development Guide.pdf section 4.5.4 - Sample: Preview an Article tells a different way to do this. Our goal is not to show xml code in the versions compare. Do you know which is the proper way?
Sorry, I take it back, set a xsl to the Content Type Definition's default XSLT Viewer works, we have a sample content item xml (see ContentItemPreview.JPG), do you have a sample xslt can hide the xml tags as a reference?
We have developed the xslt to get the version compare report in a plain text format instead of xml. But we would like to have more control on the version compare report, like control on look & feel of the report and also to control few of the attributes output.
How to achieve this? Can we use the JSP somehow instead of the xslt there? Do we have any other way?
Thanks,
Jeff & Raju