Hello,
I can't seem to find the base template that will end up calling the templates
emailPeriodicEvent.shtml
Or
emailPeriodicIndexEntry.shtml
Thank you for your time
-Chad
The email*.shtml templates are called from the core server code itself.
-Curtis
From: eLink Entry: Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum [mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 1:42 AMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: Periodic email templates
Periodic email templates
Posted bychadwick.cheng@stonebridgesystems.com.au (Cheng, Chadwick) On 08-01-2012 03:38
[To post a comment, use the normal reply function]
Forum:
Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum
Content Server:
Knowledge Center
Below is an example of the weekly report
I can see that green is part of emailPeriodicEvent.shtml
I'm trying to find the .shtml (if there is one) for the yellow highlighted area. After some investigation, it seems that messages printed in the yellow section are part of IKSResourceUserText.properties under inside core.jar. Which indicates that this is generated from a python script ? if so which script do i modified .
The following isn’t controlled by templates:
This report contains notifications about the following objects:
1. The message "test topic admin"
---------------------------------------------
1. About the message "test topic admin"
http://testserver/gm/message-1.24.912
There’s an existing enhancement request - COLLAB-2739 – asking for the ability to customize these sections, but there are no current plans to add this feature to the product at this time.
In regards to:
To unsubscribe to this message:
http://testserver/gm/subscription-1.56.801?type=ConfirmUnsubscribe
I see the text “To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to” rather than “To unsubscribe to this message” - I tested this in Collab v8.0 environment.
To see where that text was coming from, I enabled template debugging by adding <ISPECT>debug=true</ISPECT> to the bottom of <Collab_Root>\HtmlTemplates\globals.shtml and issued a template refresh (e.g., /gm/refresh=true) command for this change to take effect. After enabling template debugging the templates (.shtml files) being called to create the email are written to the email body of the report. In the email body of the report, I see:
<!-- *** Start template "C:\Vignette\Collaboration\HtmlTemplates\emailHowTo=
Unsubscribe.shtml" *** -->
To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to: http://test.opentext.com/gm/subscription-1.56.102?type=3DConfirmUnsubscribe
<!-- *** Finish template "C:\Vignette\Collaboration\HtmlTemplates\emailHowT=
oUnsubscribe.shtml" *** -->
I verified that “To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to:” is in the emailHowToUnsubscribe.shtml template.
Regards,
Aaron
From: eLink Entry: Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum [mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:53 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Periodic email templates
RE Periodic email templates
Posted bychadwick.cheng@stonebridgesystems.com.au (Cheng, Chadwick) On 08-01-2012 19:48
I'm trying to find the .shtml (if there is one) for the yellow highlighted area
The item "Re: RE: test topic admin" (message) was posted in reply by Administrator at 01/08/2012 2:50:15 PM.
http://testserver/gm/message-1.24.3202
The item "Re: RE: test topic admin" (message) was posted in reply by Administrator at 01/08/2012 2:50:38 PM.
http://testserver/gm/message-1.24.3203
The item "Re: test topic admin" (message) was! posted in reply by Administrator at 01/08/2012 2:50:57 PM.
http://testserver/gm/message-1.24.3204
Topic:
Just to confirm, is it possible to not show parts of the Yellow section ? or is this still counted as "not customisable"
Ideally we can make the properties for the message empty but they will still preint out
------------ and 1.
is it possible to remove just the url (the first url that gets printed) printed then ?
I see the text “ To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to” rather than “To unsubscribe to this message” - I tested this in Collab v8.0 environment.
Posted by chadwick.cheng@stonebridgesystems.com.au (Cheng, Chadwick) On 08-01-2012 19:48
For everything but the last section of the yellow section, that is:
unfortunately, is not customizable.
From: eLink Entry: Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum [mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 9:42 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE RE Periodic email templates
RE RE Periodic email templates
Posted bychadwick.cheng@stonebridgesystems.com.au (Cheng, Chadwick) On 08-01-2012 22:39
Quoted aeichens@opentext.com on 2012-08-02 12:39:
This report ! contains notifications about the following objects:
I see the text “To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to” rather than “To unsubscribe to this message” - I tested this in Collab v8.0 environ! ment.
Unsubscribe.shtml" ! *** -->
To stop your subscription to this item (message), go to:http://test.opentext.com/gm/subscription-1.56.102?type=3DConfirmUnsubscribe
!Aaron
From:eLink Entry: Vignette Collaboration Developers Forum [mailto:vignettecollaborationdevelopersforum@elinkkc.opentext.com]Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2012 6:53 PMTo: eLink RecipientSubject: RE Periodic email templates
Posted by chadwick.cheng@stonebridgesystems.com.au ! (Cheng, Chadwick) On 08-01-2012 19:48
The item "Re: RE: te! st topic admin" (message) was posted in reply by Administrator at 01/08/2012 2:50:15 PM.
!