Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is my Javascript loop calling my perl script too quickly?
bettineski
I've got a javascript loop that calls a perl script.
My perl script simply copies files from a temporary location to their permanent home.
If I'm just doing one file (so the loop only happens once), I have no problem with it.
But if I try to run the loop more then once, it only runs once.
I have a debug output and it shows that the script is only called once, yet in the javascript I have alerts setup to show that the script is indeed called twice.
I can't seem to think of any other answer except that the perl script, when called again by the second iteration through the loop, is essentially "In use" by the first one and therefore unavailable.
Am I wrong in thinking this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bettineski
Nevermind.
I'm doing a solution proposed in this thread:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=23749&forumid=13&highlight=pass+javascript+array+perl
Essentially, instead of calling the script with every array element, I pass in the array element to the script (in a comma separated value list).