Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD 551 SP2 iwodnonroot
jmd
I am using OD 551 SP2 on AIX box and want to try running OD as non-root user (say owner=odadm group=odgrp)
I followed the instructions from the SP2 release note and the execution was OK but when I tried to stop the daemon it said "cat: 0652-050 Cannot open /etc/defaultiwodhome".
So I took a look at the /etc directory and could see that the permissions on the defaultiwodhome were not modified !
What am I supposed to do ? Can I manually modify the permissions ? Are there any other files which permissions need to be modified ?
What happened with the files that was backed up during SP2 installation ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
what are the permissions you are seeing? they should at least have read-only perms.
jmd
permissions are the following
rw- --- --- root system
Migrateduser
it should be readable.
make the perms 644 instead.
jmd
it works fine but I also had to do the following :
-> as root stop the daemon
-> set the permissions of the $od-home/jre/bin/libiwdeploy.so file to 775
Then I was able to start the daemon as odadm (non-root user)
So the entire procedure is :
1 - as root make the path to the $od-home directory reachable for the desired non-root user
2 - as root stop the daemon
3 - as root run $od-home/bin/iwnonroot
3 - as root set permission of /etc/defaultiwodhome to 644
4 - as root set permissions of $od-home/jre/bin/libiwdeploy.so to 775
5 - as the desired non-root user start the daemon