Hi,I'm initiating a workflow from the command line using the iwjobc -i $workflowfile while looping through a dir that contains workflowfiles. It works fine the first time it goes, but the second time it fails due that two jobs want to run simulataneaosly. I think I need to tell the program to wait until the previous workflow is done.Do you know any CLT to execute if the previous one is still running?Maybe something like wait()?What about iwcallback?Any suggestions?Thanks in advance.
When you say $workflowfile - I assume you mean jobspec.xml - right?I don't know of any aspect of workflows that would prevent you running two instances of the same workflow at the same time. I suppose it is possible with job specs - I'm not sure what algorithm iwjobc uses to prepare and monitor (if it does?) the process it spawns - but theoretically, each time you run iwjobc you should get a new jobid, which the '-i' flag should then be able to instantiate.Perhaps there's some othe issue? If you count to 3 between running the command - do you still have the same problem?
my $jobcmd = `iwjobc $workflowfile`;my $initjob = `iwinvokejob $jobcmd`;
...but the second time it fails due that two jobs want to run simulataneaosly.
How would you know that was the cause? What was the exact error message?--Michael
Wed May 13 12:04:02 2009 - COMMAND FOR SUBMIT TO STAGING: C:/Applications/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwsubmit -x -u Y:\default\main\Integration\MonitorDotCom\WORKAREA\HQ\html\HQ_Home\USEnglish\testCD.html "Submitting file to STAGING"Wed May 13 12:04:06 2009 - COMMAND FOR SUBMIT TO STAGING: C:/Applications/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwsubmit -x -u Y:\default\main\Integration\MonitorDotCom\WORKAREA\HQ\images\aboutUs.jpg "Submitting file to STAGING"Wed May 13 12:04:07 2009 - COMMAND FOR SUBMIT TO STAGING: C:/Applications/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwsubmit -x -u Y:\default\main\Integration\MonitorDotCom\WORKAREA\HQ\templatedata\CommonContent\HQ_Home\data\USEnglish\testCD "Submitting file to STAGING"Wed May 13 12:04:11 2009 - CLIENT_CMD: 'C:/Applications/Interwoven/OpenDeployNG\bin\iwodstart Monitor/monitor_deploy -k area="Y:/default/main/Integration/MonitorDotCom/WORKAREA/HQ" -k targetArea="D:/TSReviewWebSites/MonitorDotComInt" -k useNode="MonitorIntegration" -k defName="MonitorInt" -k filelist="C:/Applications/Interwoven/TeamSite/tmp/filelist.577063.577074.20090513-120400.txt" -exttaskid 577074'Wed May 13 12:04:12 2009 - ** Results = Locating OpenDeploy service. OpenDeploy server host: localhost, RMI registry port: 9173 Got OpenDeploy service***ERROR - Starting deployment. Caught exception in getUser(). Details: null >>>>>-- Start deployment Monitor/monitor_deploy. iwodstart running in default synchronous mode. Need to wait for deployment to complete.***ERROR - Starting deployment. Reason from server: DEPLOYMENT_NOT_QUEUED Details : Deployment monitor_deploy is already running. Request to start it now cannot be done. Rejecting request.Wed May 13 12:04:12 2009 - OpenDeploy Status Unknown. FAILED.Wed May 13 12:04:12 2009 - odStatus = Completed with errorWed May 13 12:04:12 2009 - callback (1) : OpenDeploy Status Unknown. FAILED.
Any other suggestions?
It fails in OpenDeploy, the actual error is : ...The reason is Reason from server: DEPLOYMENT_NOT_QUEUED so can I make the workflow queable that way if OpenDeploy is running the workflow will wait instead of failing?