Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
contents of branch and contents of website.
nirjari
It looks that a branch is named after the website it supports. e.g. macleans.ca is the website and there is a branch by that name. This branch will contain all the templates to modify the website, correct ?
So whatever I see on the macleans.ca website, everything should be contained in macleans branch under different workareas. I was checking according to this understanding, but there are very few similarities in whats there on the macleans.ca website and whats in macleans branch. I checked web folder and all the folders.
Why is it like that ? If website has been updated using TS then all the details should be in the TS.
Can someone pls explain this ? This is kinna confusing.
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
http://www.interwoven.com/components/pagenext.jsp?topic=MAIN::EDUCATION
vpatel
Logically it makes sense to name your branches approriately -- especially when you are going to have multiple branches.
With that said, just because I name my branch macleans.ca does not mean that it'll have content really belong to that site. Also it is not necessarily the case that ALL of the site content is managed in TS. You may have external databases, your own custom applications, 3rd party applications, etc. That would explain why you may see different content in TS vs the actual site.
Also are you sure that it is not an "out-of-commission" branch that is no longer being used? If no, have you checked to see if everything is being deployed correctly?
There are so many things that may be causing your confusion. You need to look at the entire picture.
nirjari
I see. So if I am on dev environment, then this is possible. But again usually Dev environment consists of upto date info only, I guess.
thanks