Nipper - thanks and sorry for the time lapse in getting back to this thread ...So - from your input and that 2002 post it sounds like it is possible to gather EA values in a template, create an XML file from those values and feed that file into a call to iwextattr from a workflow.It sounds like the rub may be capturing any failures/errors produced and responding to them. Any experience with what happens if an EA has not been defined but is included in the XML?I would assume that even with this CLT solution the following files would still need to be affected for any EA's not provided out of the box:1. iwsearch-home\etc\FieldMapping.xml2. iw-home\local/config/datacapture.cfg3. \verity\vdk\style\style.dft4. \verity\vdk\style\style.uflHow would you rate this solution with respect to best practices? It sure would save my users a lot of time since they want to have the values both as metadata in the generated files and in the EA's for internal TeamSite search using drop downs in the advanced search interface.Thanks.
I've found posts about deploying EA's and other activities around EA's but not anything specific to a requirement I have.I would like to provide my users with the ability to use a DCT to enter EA values at the same time they are creating or editing a file. They have the need to add, via a DCT, metadata that will be included in the generated file (used for Endeca searches) as well as enter values for EA's that can be searched against within TeamSite ContentCenter. They do not want to enter this information twice: via the DCT and then as part of the tagging of the generated file.Is it possible to capture values from the DCT and then use a call to apply those values as EA's to the generated file?If this is possible can someone point me to examples or the correct InterWoven documentation that will help me research how to provide this solution and perhaps some hints as to the types of commands that I would need to invoke?Thank you.
Thank you for your reply.A clarification: What my users want is the ability to enter values for EA's in the same DCT that generates the file (in most cases html). They are trying to avoid using the tagging UI, which I had started to affect for the additional EA's they wanted to track.For some reason they think it necessary to store as metadata in the generated html files the same key/value relationships that they want maintained in the EA's of the file. What I am trying to do is provide them with a way to enter the values once in the DCT, create an XML file from those values and feed that file into a call to iwextattr from a workflow.I'm not 100% sure why the business need to have the same key/value pair in both metadata in the generated htmla and in the EA's - just trying to fulfill the requirment.Seth
gzevin: I'll not make the claim that I am a TeamSite guru and I appreciate all responses. I do understand what my users want - I am at the point of scoping out solutions that make sense from an InterWoven product and process perspective.My users want two things: key value pairs as metadata in the file that is generated from a TeamSite template using the "meta" element AND for those same key value pairs entered in the template form to be stored as TeamSite extended attributes of the generated file for internal searching using the advanced search interface. They do not want to have to use the tagging interface to tag the generated file with TeamSite extended attributes.Ghoti: Thank you for your repsonse. I've affected both the tagging interface and the search interface for the additional extended attributes that the business want to capture and search against.So - let me go off and try and implement a solution.Thanks to all.