This is the first time I've posted and not gotten any response. I hope it is not because this a really stupid questions. :-)I'm still looking for the solution which is becoming more of a priority for my deliverables.Thank you.
I have a requirement to enhance the Advanced Search interface to provide a drop down of searchable keys in conjunction with a Tagging interface enhancment to provide the same values in a drop down to use when tagging a file.As an example: If I have an EA where the user tags a file with a content type (types defined by my users) I would like to have a drop down available in the third column of the file attribute section of advanced search from which they could choose an internally defined content type to allow them to get a return of all files of that type.Additionally, I would like to have this drop down populated from something (flat file, xml file) that can also be used in the tagging interface.Any thoughts on the feasibility of fulfilling this requirement and what documentation to look at?Thanks.
It looks like iw-home/local/config/datacapture.cfg is the file to change to provide the drop down of values to tag with. Now to discover the file to edit to allow the use of a drop down to populate the value to search against for the EA.
Now to discover the file to edit to allow the use of a drop down to populate the value to search against for the EA.
OK - official response from InterWoven support: "I checked all possibilities for configuring the Advance Search screen. It is not possible to customize that screen with any custom code changes. I can open a Feature Request for this issue which will be in corporated in next releases of TeamSite. But I can’t provide you the solution right away."This seems to me like something that should be fairly simple to customize and that a lot of customers would want/need this: the ability to give a predefined set of values to search against for a custom EA. Do others agree?Thanks.
How does one register an organization with an FR?Seth