Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Move data from one branch to another branch
rajnag
can any one tell me how to move files from one branch to another brach using WF upon approval.
Eg. Brach A : workarea A (I have to move the files to ) Branch B
:Workarea A using workflow
If Branch A workarea A (ex x.html file ) file is approved then the file
x.html have to go Branch B: workarea A.
nag
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
Read up on the updatetask.
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
rajnag
sorry I didn't get you
Migrateduser
What James meant is that you should read about the "Update" task in the
TeamSite Workflow Developer's Guide
. That task type can be used to copy files from one area to another.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
rajnag
I did with update task, Workflow is not giving any error,but the content is not moved from one WA to another WA(differenct branch -- in this branch WA is empty after ran WF).
Migrateduser
The updatetask is used to move *specific* files from one workarea to another. Those files need to be 'attached' to the task.
An updatetask without assoc'ed files will do nothing. If you need to copy an entire area, you'll likely want to use the iwupdate CLT or something like that.
--
Evers Ding
Staff Engineer, Interwoven
Herman
I use update task to copy attached files(in workflow) to another branch,
but i need to check the attached files are locked or unlock,
i just know use command iwfilestate -f script -i <vpath>
then i get a lot of information,but i just want to check If these files are locked then I will use mail task mail to the jobowner,
If the attached files are unlocked ,I want to use upate task to copy these files to another area.
Any solution? Thanks.
awizardly
There are no built-ins for your questsion.
The following is an approach I've used in the past. Still using actually
Solution Path
1 Have an external task do all of the filestate checking
2 if a condition you don't want occurs then transition to an email task.
2a Then transition to a user/group task for retry or remediation.
3 If there are no locked files then transition to an update task.
Lee
Organic Inc
http://www.organic.com