Looked at SPAR?
I think I posted that info in one of the other posts about where exactly you should look. Also keep in mind that SPAR file is nothing much more than a .zip file. I have from day one followed the steps in the guide and it has worked just fine for me.
IMHO Autonomy Interwoven has no clean solution for migrating content (especially Sitepublisher's .page files and other files) from one TS server to another TS server.
ccprofessional is partially right that you do not want to migrate EAs that are set by SitePublisher.
can you tell me what I said is wrong? On the contrary, you were wrong when you suggested using the SPAR tool on .page files.
SPAR files CAN have .page files within them without problems. Archive Manager handles the livesite IDs when it imports the spar. Check the DevNet Tech Library for a handful of example spars that almost all include .page files.Stokes.
Stokes is mentioning that all of the SPARs available as part of the DevNet Tech library use this exact mechanism. I do not believe there is a specific DevNet Tech library "article" per say.
SPAR files CAN have .page files within them without problems. Archive Manager handles the livesite IDs when it imports the spar.
...So - Can the SPAR have .page files in it? Sure, it can have **** for all it cares. Is it a good practise? NO...
The SPAR installer does the following :-Install Site files to the specified workarea and submits them-Installs Pages and page assets to the specified workarea and submits them..
The copying of .page, .site and .sitemap files is currently not supported.