Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Values used in field?
CalvinFold
I have a field that is a String List and I want to figure out which values were used. Looking to weed-out unused values from the popup.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lyman
The following only examines the latest revision and therefore will not find metadata values you are no longer using.
Substitute the ID of your metadata field:
select distinct trunc_val from SearchableStrings where factoryid='{13F35EEB-A1C7-41B5-AF03-FDE31F9059FE}' order by trunc_val
Works for string lists in both single and multiselect mode.
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd
CalvinFold
Is this done from a console of some sort at the server?
You'll have to excuse, while I get asked to do some advanced analysis sometimes, I don't have physical access to the server or any kind of command-line access. The Windows Client is all I have.
lyman
Sorry should have been less cryptic. This is a direct SQL query. I should probably have used the reporting views rather than the direct tables.
Strictly form the Windows client I do not offhand think that you could do much better than to search for assets with each value in turn and note the ones that give zero returns...
Cheers,
Lyman Hurd