All,
Thought I'd brainstorm in case anyone has an "AHA!" moment and can help.
The CA is non-communicative seemingly on account of a keystore password and I'm trying to figure out why the CA is complaining on startup. The Keystore and Truststore that I had set for SSL within the CA can be viewed using keytool. If I might have made an error when I keyed in the passwords in the Config Console, is there a way to manually change these outside of the Configuration Console? And if cfgedit is the way to go, then do I use the SHA digest of the passwords or the plaintext? I am a bit baffled and would appreciate your take. Also, the VCM loads the identity and trust stores fine but before that happens, I get the JSSE component not initialized because of incorrect password and that the Keystore has been tampered with. I am a bit baffled and would appreciate your take.
------------------CA log:-----
2013-01-31 10:14:20,795 | ERROR | e.config.agent.AgentHttpServer | | 000-000-0001: Error [vgnlauncher] [com.vignette.config.agent.AgentHttpServer]
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Cannot recover key
at sun.security.provider.KeyProtector.recover(KeyProtector.java:311)
...
at com.vignette.http.JSSESocketFactory.getSSLContext(JSSESocketFactory.java:106)...
---------------
--------VgnVCMServer.out:-----
java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:771)
at sun.security.provider.JavaKeyStore$JKS.engineLoad(JavaKeyStore.java:38)
at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1185)
at com.vignette.http.JSSESocketFactory.getSSLContext(JSSESocketFactory.java:88)
at com.vignette.http.JSSESocketFactory.getSSLSocketFactory(JSSESocketFactory.java:33)
at com.vignette.http.server.action.builtin.axis.CommonsSocketFactory.<init>(CommonsSocketFactory.java:66)
...
Since the keystore passwords have to be entered in different components, I suspect I might have made an error while entering the one for the CA.
Thanks.
-Shanti