Hi there,
this is with TS 6.7.1 SP1 on Solaris 10.
I recently tried to use various CLTs to add or modify users, groups and branches.
When trying to set the "display-name" or "description" attributes I received error messages as soon as the specified value consisted of more than one word. Is this a known issue or do I have to use a special syntax in order to escape the space characters in the strings?
I tried to escape the quotation marks that surround the strings, also I tried to use single quotes instead of double quotes, and I also escaped space characters (each time using the single backslash as escape character), but non of these attempts were successfull.
Here are some examples and the error messages that were returned:
iwmkbr /default/main/branch testbranch "description for new branch" INITIAL
Result:
ERROR: "INITIAL" is not a userid
iwgroup set-description testgroup "new description for existing group"
Result:
options for set-description
<group> <description>
Change the value of the "description" attribute of <group> to
iwuseradm set-display-name john "John Doe"
Result:
options for set-display-name
<user> <display_name>
Change the value of the "display-name" attribute of <user> to(The "set-display-name" attribute of the "iwuseradm" CLT seems to be undocumented, however using a single word as value it works fine.)
Any experiences or thoughts about this issue?
Thanks,
Tobias