Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Edit Link enabled in Group Task
System
*****************************
* TeamSite 6.7.2 Limited Release w/SitePublisher
* Solaris 9
* WFM 1.0.0.1
*
*****************************
Hi All,
I am using Workflow Modeler to build a new SitePublisher workflow. Within this workflow, I have a "GroupTask" to review files. My group task has the propertry flag setting of "Read Only = True".
What I am experiencing is when the workflow gets to the Group task, the workflow owner is still able to "edit" the file (the edit link for the file is enabled) even though he/she is part of the reviewer group or has not "taken" ownership of the task and the task states "Task is read only. Files can be viewed, but not modified". Is there something else I am missing to disable this edit link? Is it a "known" issue that the workflow owner can do anything to the job regardless of who has taken ownership of the task?
One more scenario I am experiencing is if I select another "user" to review some files, when the "user" who was selected to review the work has taken ownership of the task, the workflow owner can go to that Group task and "Approve" or "Reject" the files even though he/she is not part of the review group and another user has taken ownership of the task.
Thoughts or suggetions is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
These are certainly both deviations from previous behavior. However, the only thing I can think to check is what are the roles of the users who can edit and approve the content. If I am a master I can view your task and approve it even though you have it. IIRC Administrators can as well (on the appropraite branch). Are there any special roles created or have you added certain abilities to the users ?
Migrateduser
Thanks for the reply...
I forgot to mention when I was performing this test, both users (job owner and reviewer) were non-masters...they had the role of a contributor. The users that I tested with have no special roles assigned to them.
Migrateduser
Hi All,
I opened a case with support and this has been identified as a bug. This bug is due to having SitePublisher installed. SitePublisher seems to be taking control of some of the workflow functionality. The bug id is TS-6448.
Thanks,
James