I cannot figure out how to add a definition for instance to openDeploy command.I am using the DeployURLExternalTask task, which is the default for the WFM OOB.I have tried just adding an OD Variable named inst. Though this approach does work when you need to add the iwdd variable for DataDeploy, it does work for adding the instance name.Anyone tried doing this successfully?anyone aware of any documentation for the com.interwoven.ui.teamsite.workflow.task.urltask.DeployURLExternalTask class?
Have you tried odinst instName?
Any thoughts on how to use the OOB deployment task to run the same deployment configuration many times concurrently?
Faizi, thanx for the reply. I have tried adding an "OD Variable" called inst and I have tried adding a task variable called odInst (patterened after the odDeploymentName task variable), but neither seemed to effect the instance name of the deployment.I am doing a filelist deployment, passing in the name of the filelist. The OOB deployment task allows me dynamically define the variable used to specify a unique filelist, but keeps failing when two workflows try this simultaneously.If I turn on queueing, then when three workflows run at the same time, the middle one won't get deployed (based on my understanding of how that works).Any thoughts on how to use the OOB deployment task to run the same deployment configuration many times concurrently?
May I know how you enabled queueing - using pendSessions or pathRegistryChecking attribute?
I didn't enable queueing because, according to the documentation, if there were three attempted simultaneously, the middle one would be overwritten with the third.
pendSessions
pathRegistryChecking
serializeDeploymentSetUp
It depends on the type of queuing. With sender side "pendSessions" - yes, if you have deployment X running and attempt to start up N more instances of deployment X, then the last one initiated while the first one was running will be the next instance run and all the intermediate attempts to queue the deployment will be discarded. This is reasonable if you are doing dir-diff type deployments only.With receiver side "pathRegistryChecking" with "serializeDeploymentSetUp" (see support KB 61497 for details) - the receiver will cause concurrent transactional deployments to become serialized such that each of the N instances of the deployment (based on target path, not deployment name or instance name) will be processed individually. This is useful for transactional filelist deployments.The basics of "pendSessions" and "pathRegistryChecking" can be found in the OD Reference manual, and possibly other OD manuals)
Thanks Ghoti for the response.The deployment which gets initiated has names like "OpenDeployWebRootfp3gajh2fp3gajh3,OpenDeployWebRootfp3gajklfp3gajkm. Basically, different instances of the deployment are getting called. Now the problem is when the user selects to deploy 3 different pages by running the author submit workflow and chooses the same time for deployment like 5 a.m., only 1 deployment is successful 2 are failing giving the following error :-[HTML]Receiver-ERROR: ERROR: commit-failed.LIB: 2008-12-26 09:01:18 ERROR: Failed to deploy local_directory[.] of area[/usr/iw-home/tmp/LiveSite/workflow/fp3gajjn] for filelist[/usr/iw-home/tmp/LiveSite/workflow/fp3gajjn/cache.WebRoot.fp3gajjnfp3gajjo.filelist][/HTML]The deployment is a 2 tier deployment, with the first one being filelist deployment and second one is a directory diff deployment.Could you please advise that we should add both pathRegistryChecking="yes" in the odbase.xml(middle tier server - receiver for the first deployment which is filelist based) and pendSessions="yes"( for the second deployment which will run from middle tier to final web servers) in the same odbase.xml in order to enable queueing in such a scenario?Thanks,Natasha.
With receiver side "pathRegistryChecking" with "serializeDeploymentSetUp" (see support KB 61497 for details) - the receiver will cause concurrent transactional deployments to become serialized such that each of the N instances of the deployment (based on target path, not deployment name or instance name) will be processed individually.
Since reciever side "pathRegistryChecking" only addresses what the reciever does after it recieves a deployment request, I don't think that it will help with the issue that I cannot start 2 OD instances on the base that use the same Config file name, even though they have different parameters.
-inst unique_string
True - but that's where instance parameters (-inst unique_string) come into play.
Hi,In the task variables of your deploy Task, just add "odDeploymentInst" with the instantiation value you want to use.Not in the "Open Deploy Variables"Greg.
Hey did assigning ${jobId} as value really work for you?In my Deploy Task, Task Variables, I set odDeploymentInst to ${jobId} That did not get evaluated at all. Neither did $jobId.I am trying to do the same thing, I want my odDeploymentInst variable to be populated with either the taskid or jobid.