Disclaimer: I've never really worked with workflow prior to the current project we're on. So any Idiot's Guide or For Dummies answers are ok.
Anyways, I found it easy enough to put together my own workflow using WFM, building my own datasources, etc. Pretty cool. Not perfect, but pretty cool, especially since I'm a Java guy, so it makes sense to me.
For one of my reviewer tasks, I've built my own transformation (based on an existing one in /iwadmin/main/config/WORKAREA/shared/workflow/email/samples) to build out the reviewer email notification. Again, easy enough, especially since I didn't have to start from scratch.
But my question is...(drumroll)...how can I look at the XML that these files are actually transforming?
The reason I ask is that when I see an element such as...
<xsl:value-of select="//Job/CurrentTask/Owner/@id"/>
...I want to look at the XML so I can see what an "Owner" element (or any other element actually) really looks like and what other attributes it might have. This isn't something that I can clearly discern from any user guides or documentation, at least at first glance. I think it's something I'd know by understanding how it all works together...which I don't.
Any hints?