I have requirement to run database deployment script after open deploy is successful and Opendeploy changes should be rollback in cases of database deploy failed. Currently I am using the dnrDeploymentJob for executing the database deployment and this is perfectly executing once the Opendeploy is successful but if in case of database deploy failure(i.e dnrDeploymentJob script), the rollback of OD changes are not happening.Script is returning the (\n) to STDOUT. Same is working fine if I call the script as deployNRun.Is there anyway to get the deployment to fail and rollback OD changes when the deployment-level trigger fails?TS6.7.1, OD6.1.1 on solaris10.Thanks in advance
Thanks for your reply, but here I have multiple definition to be executed. So we cant use dnrDeployment for every execDeployment task as it executes the same script multiple times.Is there any other way to achieve this?Thanks
Have you tried looking into target-side synchronized deployments? Will that fulfill your requirements?
First - that requires that your receiver be a Base Server (enabled to run DD) - right?
Second - I'm not sure how that changes much in terms of the problems of trying to coordinate a single DD process with a multi-leg OD process in a fully transactional mode.
OD RCVR can do the job just fine. OD Base is not required.
You're saying that a Receiver can be licensed to run DD? I always thought that the DD feature was restricted to BaseServers
Let me clear this up a little bit: you need an OD Base on the source side and OD RCVR on the target side. OD Base (source side) has to be DD enabled as well. You do not need a OD Base on the target side. HTH
And as far as I know, the latter is not [officially?] possible.
I'm still not clear - you said target-side synchronized deployments - I took a quick look in the OD 6.2.1 Admin Guide and found the following on page 186:
After receiving the deployed content, the receiver subsequently deploys the content into a supported relational database using JDBC.
Please refer to DD Admin guide page 115 and onwards.
Additionally, target-side database deployments allow you to take advantage of many OpenDeploy features, including the following:???? Fan-out transactional deployment, which allows synchronization of files and database content.
I do not think you have to "license / enable OD RCVR for DD" per say. At least in my experience I do NOT recall ever having to tinker around with any licensing or configuration at all on the OD RCVR side. As I had explained in the last post, I think OD is engr'ed to handle these "internal" deployments just fine -- in other words DD will work on OD RCVR in this target-side deployment scenario.As far as whether this will fit "vijetha's" needs or not I am not sure. I have used this mechanism for OD/DD sync'ed deployment ONLY. I have NOT tried it out for fan-out deployments. However, it is clearly documented that fan-out deployments are supported. Here is an excerpt from the doc: HTH
Has the original posted question about getting the DD DNR to fail and cause the rollback of the file deployment legs to trigger been answered? The correct response code would need to be set for the DNR to trigger a failure in OpenDeploy. I didn't see that in the postings. Getting multiple Database deployments to go out in parallel and then rollback may be more challenging. I thought this could be handled in DataDeploy thought so the DD DNR's failure would handle that transaction.