Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Pages are not getting edited.
manish_rathi
I am trying to edit a page in the workarea using livesite. I clicked on the edit button besides page and page pops up with seven are buttons. There is no component attached to any of the areas. I clicked on add component to Area 2. Separate window shows up with list of components. I selected one component and closed the window. Now when I preview this page, the component does not get added to the page. Why is that ? Whats wrong I am doing ?
I am added on the TeamSite as master OS is solaris. I dont see myself on any of the group. Is master allowed to access any group, irrespective of whether he is added on the group or not ?
When I try to edit some of the pages, I get pop up message reading "out-of-date" element. So can I still edit this page ?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
vpatel
Are you seeing anything in the servletd log file that is obviously related to this?
manish_rathi
how to check servletd log file?
Let me go over this again. As I have many things unclear. I was going thru webcast for livesite. In that webcast, the demonstarator clicked on the XML file and it opened the home page, where he could play arround with components. Wne I click on XML file, it does not work that way. So thats the first ting confusing to me, which kind of pages can be edited and which can not ? How to know which pages can be edited using LiveSite ?
Secondly, during the installation of TeamSite, Tomcat is installed in the Operating System. Now when we install LiveSite, does it use the same Tomcat ? Otherwise how can two Tomcat installation take place on same OS ?
thanks
rajivgupta
Under the logs directory for interwoven teamsite which can be a custom location check the folder "iwui" under that you can find servletd logs .